Personal Injury Litigation in Monmouth County, NJ
Experienced, Knowledgeable, and Aggressive Personal Injury Attorneys in New Jersey
Have you been injured as a result of someone else’s negligent behavior? You might have a personal injury case. At Maggs McDermott & DiCicco, we are committed to developing a close, long-standing relationship with our clients, and our team will make every effort to get you the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have the expertise to take on any type of case and help ease the burden of litigation. Many of our clients come to us stressed and traumatized — we are here to alleviate their hardship and allow them to focus on recovery. Our team is available to any resident of New Jersey. We have also represented New Jersey residents who were injured in other states including but not limited to Florida, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, Texas, and Pennsylvania.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury is a purposefully broad term. These laws and protections can apply to anyone who has been injured due to another’s negligence. Personal injury cases might be particularly strong if the injured person can prove that their wounds are the direct result of another person’s actions and cause a significant reduction in quality of life. However, personal injury law is complicated and difficult to navigate. Our team is here to provide high-quality legal services in a prompt and cost-effective manner. We don’t get paid unless and until you get paid.
We Can Provide Services for Almost Any Personal Injury Case
Our personal injury attorneys are experienced with a wide variety of claims. From car accidents to dog bites, we are experienced and knowledgeable, with a proven track record in personal injury law. Click here for a free consultation if you’ve been involved in any of the following types of accidents:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Motor vehicle accidents are all too common, and victims have a much better chance of gaining compensation when they work with an attorney. We have worked with thousands of individuals injured in car accidents as well as truck and motorcycle accidents.
- Workplace Accidents: There are few worse things than getting severely injured on the job. Our team can help navigate the intricacies of Workers’ Compensation and other claims that may have if you are injured at work.
- Slip-and Fall-Accidents: Too often, businesses and property owners don’t post the proper signage to indicate a wet or hazardous floor. As a result, customers and passersby can slip, fall, and develop serious injuries. Look to Maggs McDermott & DiCicco if you believe you have a slip-and-fall case.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust doctors and healthcare professionals to give accurate advice. However, doctors do make mistakes. If your health has been adversely affected by medical malpractice, we can help.
- Product Liability: When you’re injured as a result of a dangerous or defective product, a personal injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. Product liability cases can be brought against the manufacturers of anything from dangerous drugs and malfunctioning appliances or toys to even defective medical devices.
- Premises Liability: Unsafe conditions in a private home or in a public space of business can be considered negligent. If you’ve been injured while on someone else’s ill-maintained property, we can help.
- Dog Bites: New Jersey has a “strict liability” law, meaning the owner is liable should their dog bite you, as long as you were on public property or legally on their private property. Maggs McDermott DiCicco can help you bring a personal injury case if you’ve suffered a dog bite.
- Careless Action (or Inaction): If you are injured due to someone else’s negligent or careless actions (or inaction), you may be able to seek compensation.
What Does Litigation Mean in a Personal Injury Case?
The majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court. Many victims believe this is the best option for them and make every effort to reach a settlement before having to go to court. Nevertheless, you should never eliminate the possibility of litigation. Sometimes, litigation is the best way to get the compensation you deserve after an accident. Our team will give you honest advice about whether you should settle or go to trial, and if you choose litigation, we’re ready and willing to go to work for you. We aren’t in the business of settling cases, we are in the business of winning cases and getting every dollar you deserve.
Our Personal Injury Litigation Checklist
The personal injury litigation process can be daunting, but the team at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco is here to guide you every step of the way. Some of the materials our team will be looking at are listed below and, if possible, it would be helpful to gather some of these before you come for your free consultation:
- Medical records, including X-rays, notes from healthcare professionals, etc.
- Hospital bills
- Pay stubs from before and after the accident
- Accident reports
- Witness testimony or contact information
- Business policies
- Costs associated with transportation, therapy, increased need for childcare, home healthcare, etc.
- Journals documenting the effects of the injury
- Photographs/video of the injuries, damages, and accident scene
You Don’t Have to Settle for Just Any Attorney
At Maggs McDermott & DiCicco, we strive for excellence and are determined to get you the compensation you deserve in every personal injury case. We’re committed to looking at your case with fresh eyes and recommending a unique plan of action. We’re on your side, whether you choose a settlement or move forward with litigation. You’re already dealing with trauma and financial hardship, so we strive to make the process as smooth as possible. With years of combined experience and a proven track record of success, it’s no wonder why New Jersey residents trust us.
Get in Touch with Our Team Today
Don’t wait to seek out a personal injury attorney! The statute of limitations can be tricky, so it’s crucial to file your claim as soon as possible. The team at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco will review your case and help you determine the best course of action for your personal injury claim. We’ll walk you through all the types of compensation, as well as the litigation process. Our attorneys are truly here for you every step of the way. If you’re a resident of New Jersey, be sure to consult with us. Contact us today to learn more.