According to the New Jersey Department of Transportation, over 500,000 reported vehicle accidents have occurred in this state since 2018. If you are one of the many drivers looking for answers after a car accident, look to Maggs McDermott & DiCicco. Our car accident lawyers in Wall, New Jersey have over 100 years of combined experience. After an accident, you may be pressured by the defendant’s insurance company to take a settlement amount that does not adequately cover damages to your vehicle, your injuries, and any lost wages. Our team will work alongside you to ensure you get the full award you are entitled to. Let our experienced team fight for you so you can focus on recovery. Contact us today to schedule your legal consultation.
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
As your local car accident attorneys, our team can represent you in various types of cases. Throughout the years, our lawyers have represented almost a thousand victims of car accidents and have experience handling even the most complex cases. New Jersey residents rely on their cars now more than ever, which increases your risk of being involved in an accident. Don’t let the insurance companies cheat you out of the money you are rightfully owed. Our team can offer legal representation for a wide range of car accident types, including:
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving is one of the state’s leading causes of motor vehicle accidents. While commuters spend more time in their vehicles, they are focusing less on the road. Distracted driving includes drivers using their cellphone, reading a book, applying makeup, eating food, and much more.
- Rideshare Accidents – The proliferation of rideshare apps such as Uber and Lyft have untrained drivers visiting unfamiliar areas, making them less safe for other drivers, pedestrians, and their passengers.
- Public Transportation – Private bus and taxi companies rely on trained drivers to transport customers throughout the area. However, just because they are trained does not mean they always drive safely.
- Speeding – Drivers in a hurry or unaware of the posted speed limit pose a significant risk to pedestrians and other drivers.
- Child Injury Accidents – If you have been in an accident with your child in the vehicle, it can be a scary and overwhelming situation. We can help you navigate through this trying time.
- DUI Accidents – DUI accidents are, unfortunately, far too common. We can represent you if you have been involved in an accident with a driver who was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Defect-Related Accidents – If you have been in an accident with a vehicle that has a recall for defective parts our team can help you get the amount you deserve for your injuries and damages.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?
If you are the victim of a car accident, you may think that the other driver’s insurance will cover the cost of the damages to your vehicle, healthcare, and lost wages. Unfortunately, that is not always true. Insurance companies are always looking out for their own best interests and will do everything to reduce, devalue, or reject your claim. However, studies have shown that victims who hire an auto accident lawyer to represent them recover more in damages. Our team of attorneys knows exactly how to get what you deserve. Our services include:
- Investigation – We will thoroughly examine the events that led to the accident to create a clear picture. Our team will consult with a variety of experts in the healthcare, engineering, and accident reconstruction fields.
- Reporting – Your accident attorney will promptly complete all necessary documentation, including any insurance, healthcare, and accident report forms, and file a complaint with the court.
- Negotiation – Our attorneys will look at all the insurance policies involved and aggressively negotiate on your behalf. We have years of experience ensuring our clients receive the best possible outcomes for their insurance claims.
- Litigation—If an appropriate settlement cannot be reached, our attorneys are prepared and able to litigate your case in court.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Car Accident
After you are involved in a car accident, there are specific steps that you need to follow, not only for your own safety but to accurately report the details of the accident and assist in building a legal case down the road if you so choose. If you or your loved one has been involved in a car accident in New Jersey, follow the steps outlined below immediately afterward for the best possible results in court:
- Report the Accident: If you have been involved in a collision, request that an officer be dispatched to the scene. Filing a police report creates a record of the accident and the exchange of information between the involved parties.
- Seek Medical Attention: Immediately after the accident, evaluate if you, your passengers, and/or passengers in the other vehicle are injured. If life-threatening injuries were sustained, contact emergency medical services at once. Even if you do not immediately feel anything is amiss, seek a medical evaluation. Medical professionals are trained to evaluate for conditions that might otherwise take time to manifest symptoms; a medical professionals’ testimony and record keeping are essential if seeking compensation.
- Gather Evidence: The key to a successful car accident claim is the evidence you can present. At the scene, collect as much information as possible. If you are physically able, take photos of the position of the vehicles, damage to the cars, sustained injuries, and license plates to supplement the police report. If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask that they provide their contact information to the police.
- Schedule a consultation with Maggs McDermott & DiCicco: The first step in your legal claims journey is to schedule a consultation with a New Jersey car accident attorney that you can trust. Our car accident lawyer will assist you throughout the legal process, including interacting with the insurance companies.
When Should You Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Technically, there is a two-year statute of limitations to file a lawsuit following a car accident in New Jersey. However, to help build the best case for you, we recommend hiring an auto accident attorney as soon as possible if you are the victim of a car accident. The events after an auto accident can be very confusing and overwhelming, especially if you are dealing with injuries caused by the collision. Having an attorney to advocate for you makes it much easier, and your outcome will be better.
What are the Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney?
As a victim, you may be willing to accept any settlement amount to put the accident behind you. However, the first offer does not usually cover the costs of damages. The car accident lawyers at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco will seek out all those liable for your injuries and aggressively pursue compensation commensurate with your damages. Responsible parties may include:
- Other Motorists
- Commercial Drivers
- Bus and Truck Companies
- Taxi and Rideshare Companies
- Bars that Overserve
- Car Dealerships
- Car Part Manufacturers
- Road Construction Planners and Managers
- And More
Let Our Car Accident Attorneys Represent You
The car accident lawyers at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco believe in providing professional representation to our clients. Our team of experts has years of experience efficiently managing legal issues for our clients. Our wealth of knowledge about car accidents and insurance law will ensure you don’t just settle; you win your case. Our top priority is to ensure you receive high-quality legal consultation that you can trust. Contact our team of legal professionals today to schedule your consultation.