Each year, thousands of New Jersey residents experience an accident, and unfortunately, many of those accidents are caused by someone else’s avoidable and careless actions. Whether you’ve experienced a car accident, an accident at work, or you’ve been hurt by a defective product, if your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may have a personal injury case. It’s important to find the right lawyer who will treat your case with the utmost attention and care.
The attorneys at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco have extensive knowledge and experience handling a broad range of personal injury cases. We listen, create specialized strategies that are tailored to your case, and deliver the best possible results.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: They’re all too common, and if you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, working with an attorney gives you a better chance of getting rightfully compensated for your injuries. Our team has worked with thousands of individuals injured in car, truck, and motorcycle accidents.
- Workplace Accidents: Getting injured on the job is a stressful and unpleasant experience. Our attorneys help you navigate the intricacies of Workers’ Compensation and any other claims associated with work injuries.
- Premises Liability: Public and private property owners have the responsibility to keep their property safe for visitors. Unsafe conditions in a private home or in a public place of business can be considered negligent. If you’ve been injured while on someone else’s ill-maintained property, you may be able to take legal action.
- Slip-and Fall-Accidents: This type of accident is a category of Premise Liability and occurs when a person slips and falls on a property or in a business and develops severe injuries. If this happens due to the business or property owner failing to post proper signs and warnings about hazards, the victim may be able to take legal action. If you have experienced a similar accident, contact Maggs McDermott & DiCicco. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help determine if you have a case.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors and healthcare professionals are trusted with our health and wellbeing. However, doctors do make mistakes. If your health has been adversely affected by medical malpractice, contact our team for help.
- Product Liability: Dangerous or defective products can cause serious injury. If you have experienced injury due to a dangerous or defective product such as a toy, drug, or even a medical device, our personal injury lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Dog Bites: New Jersey has a “strict liability” law. This means that if a dog bites you while you are on public property or legally on private property, the owner of the dog is liable. If you’ve been bitten by someone else’s dog, contact our team for help.
- Careless Action (or Inaction): If you are injured due to someone else’s negligent or careless actions (or inaction), you may be able to seek compensation.
Personal Injury Litigation
Many personal injury cases are settled out of court. It can be a great option if a settlement can be reached before the case needs to go to court, and some victims feel it’s the best option for their case. However, litigation can become necessary and may be the best way to get the most compensation after your accident. So, you should always consider litigation as a possibility. Our expert attorneys will guide you through every step of the process and provide honest advice, whether a settlement or litigation is the best direction for your case. If you choose litigation, we will work diligently to ensure your case is strong and you get the best possible results. We aren’t in the settling business, we’re in the business of winning.
Personal Injury Litigation Checklist
If litigation is necessary for your personal injury case, our team will examine, review, and analyze multiple pieces of material related to your case in preparation, and use those items to build your case. This checklist is a guide to help you retain the important materials we’ll need to build a strong case.
- Medical records, including X-rays, notes from healthcare professionals, etc.
- Hospital bills
- Pay stubs from before and after the accident
- Accident reports
- Witness testimony or contact information
- Business policies
- Costs associated with transportation, therapy, increased need for childcare, home healthcare, etc.
- Journals documenting the effects of the injury
- Photographs/video of the injuries, damages, and accident scene
When you meet with our team during your free consultation, these items will help us assess your accident and advise on the next steps.
The statute of limitations can be tricky, so it’s crucial to file your claim as soon as possible. As your legal navigation team, Maggs McDermott & DiCicco is ready to guide you along your journey. Contact us today!