We are the Area’s Trusted Lawyers for Truck Accidents
In 2020 alone, there were 23 tractor-trailer-related collisions in New Jersey which resulted in 24 fatalities. If you have been in an accident with a commercial truck or tractor-trailer in New Jersey, the truck accident lawyers at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco will represent you. Unfortunately, a collision involving a truck or tractor-trailer can result in devastating losses for you and your family due to the size and speed of these accidents. Commercial tractor-trailer companies have lawyers who are well-versed in truck accident law. Our experienced team of lawyers deploys expert tactics, including computer research, case management, and more to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Schedule your consultation today to get started.
Causes of Truck Accidents in New Jersey
Local and federal governments have laws in place to help limit the number of commercial tractor-trailer accidents. They are designed to regulate the number of hours driven per day, the weight capacity of the truck, the truck’s maintenance schedule, record keeping, required rest periods, and much more. Despite these laws, tractor-trailer accidents can still occur. Our legal experts, led by our experienced attorneys, have the resources and tools to uncover the cause and nature of the accident to determine the level of compensation to which you are entitled. Some of the most common causes of tractor-trailer accidents include:
- Lack of Training or Experience
- Inclement Weather
- Aggressive Driving
- Unsafe Passing
- Careless Driving
- Loose Cargo
- Blind Spots
- And More!
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Attorney?
If you are the victim of a tractor-trailer accident, you are entitled to compensation for damages, injuries, and lost wages. However, getting the money you deserve will not be easy without an attorney. The trucking industry is so regulated that the legal process is typically more complicated. Commercial truck companies also hire knowledgeable and experienced lawyers to represent them. Arguing with insurance companies and lawyers should be the least of your worries while recovering from your injuries. That is why the knowledgeable and experienced truck accident lawyers at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco are here to help. Our services include:
- Additional Negligent Parties – We’ll thoroughly inspect every aspect of your case to determine the at-fault party. While the driver and trucking company are the most common parties that are found to be liable, other negligent parties may be uncovered, including the maintenance company, manufacturer, or load broker.
- Documentation Investigation – Trucking companies are required to keep documentation. However, that information can be destroyed or overwritten if you wait to file a claim. Our lawyers know the statute of limitations on documentation retention and will ensure nothing is overlooked or missed. We will also determine if any state or federal regulations were broken.
- Handling the Complexity of Your Case – Due to the regulations and private companies’ involvement, tractor-trailer accidents are typically much more complicated to navigate. Our experienced lawyers will help guide you through the process every step of the way so you can focus on your recovery.
What Damages Can I Recover?
Due to the severity of tractor-trailer truck accident injuries, the financial compensation victims and their families can recover is typically considerable. The case details determine the exact amount that you can expect to receive. However, one thing is for sure; victims with an attorney are often awarded more in compensation. Our team can help ensure you maximize your compensation amount. Some of the most common damages recovered include the following:
- Vehicle Damages – The victim’s vehicle is often completely totaled. However, insurance companies will try to give you less than the value of your vehicle, forcing you to spend money to purchase a new car.
- Past and Future Medical Expenses – The costs of your hospital stay, prescription medication, and physical therapy may all come out of your pocket if you do not have the right truck accident attorneys to fight for you.
- Lost Income – Severe injuries, including brain trauma, amputation, and spinal cord damage, can prevent you from working. We will ensure that any compensation from lost wages is correctly calculated to the reward amount so you can continue to live the life you’ve built for yourself and your family.
- Pain and Suffering – Regardless of the speed of the accident, victims tend to experience significant pain immediately afterward. Whether the pain is permanent or temporary, we can ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Scarring and Disfigurement – You can seek just compensation if the collision has left you with scars, including those from a lost limb, cuts, or burns.
Choose the Experienced Lawyers to Represent You
The truck accident lawyers at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco have over 100 years of combined experience providing expert legal representation for victims. We have a deep understanding of local, state, and federal laws regulating the trucking industry. Our lawyers will stand up to the trucking companies, insurance companies, and their lawyers to get you the compensation you rightly deserve. Contact our team today to schedule a legal consultation.