Do You Have a Plan for the Future? We Can Help
You have worked hard to build up your assets and secure a financially stable future for yourself and your family. At Maggs McDermott & DiCicco, we’re committed to offering you the legal advice and strategies to protect your hard-earned assets. Our team of estate and trust attorneys will help you create an estate plan that both expresses your wishes and minimizes tax burdens on your beneficiaries. Over the years, we have seen it all, and we have experience with drafting wills, powers of attorney, medical directives, and more. If it’s time to start securing your financial future, don’t hesitate to contact us. We serve clients throughout New Jersey, including Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex Counties.
We Offer Extensive Estate Planning Services
Estate planning is no walk in the park. It involves complex legal issues, and many times people have very specific concerns they would like to address in their plans. Fortunately, the team at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco has the experience necessary to provide you with a wide range of services. Our estate planning lawyers are knowledgeable in this field and can help with all of the following:
- Wills and Trust Preparation: If you’ve never created a will before, the process can be daunting. Our team will help you better understand what to include in a will or trust.
- Living Wills: A living will allows you to communicate your wishes to physicians services and medical professionals regarding end-of-life care. We’ll make sure you clearly state your wishes, so your family doesn’t have to worry about making such decisions.
- Powers of Attorney: A power of attorney gives a selected person the authority to make medical and financial decisions for you, should you no longer be able to decide for yourself. Our estate planning and trust attorneys will explain the ins-and-outs of getting a power of attorney.
- Guardianships: While it can be scary to think about what happens to your children upon your passing, it’s crucial to consider guardianship. We’ll help you create a plan that states who gets guardianship of your dependents should you no longer be able to care for them.
- Generation-Skipping Planning: If you’d like to skip a generation and name a grandchild as your beneficiary, we can walk you through the legal details of this decision.
- Special Needs Planning: Many families include people with special needs. If you’d like to plan for future care for a loved one with special needs, our attorneys can ensure you have adequate provisions in your estate planning documents.
- Probate Administration and Will Contests: Are you having a hard time navigating probate administration or a will contest. Maggs McDermott & DiCicco can help you take on these complicated processes.
- Charitable Giving: Some people want to leave a legacy beyond their family and heirs. We work with clients who wish to include charitable giving in their estate plans.
- Private Foundations: Those who are especially interested in charitable giving may choose to set up a private foundation to ensure their assets go to good use. We can clearly explain this process and help you set up a foundation.
What to Expect From Our Attorneys
At Maggs McDermott & DiCicco, we’re dedicated to being among the top attorneys in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex Counties. As such, you can expect exemplary service whenever you give us a call. No matter the specifics of your situation, we’re ready to consult with you. With expertise in a wide range of topics, you can expect the following from our lawyers:
- Estate and Trust Planning and Administration: Estate and trust planning is nothing short of a challenge. Maggs McDermott & DiCicco will help you navigate through and create a stable, financially-sound plan for the future. We will be sure to consider your unique circumstances, such as dependents with special needs or charitable giving.
- Trust and Estate Litigation: Sometimes, courts must get involved in estate planning matters. Thankfully, our trust and estate litigation attorneys are at your side. We will represent and guide you through the stressful and trying process if litigation results from your situation.
Choose an Experienced Trust and Estate Attorney
Whether you’re looking to create an estate plan or need to litigate a probate matter, Maggs McDermott & DiCicco is here for you. Our estate and trust administration attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience, and we have seen all kinds of cases. With our vast range of experience, we are glad to help streamline estate planning for you and your family. Regardless of the specifics of your situation, we want to evaluate your case. Simply get in touch with our New Jersey law firm, and our team will schedule a meeting with one of our seasoned attorneys.