When pursuing the sale or purchase of a property in New Jersey, most individuals hire a real estate attorney to protect their interests during the process. As this is a monumental financial decision for many, hiring a real estate attorney offers peace of mind, with the knowledge that a legal professional is there to advise on any issues that may arise during the process. There are multiple steps to the process, including revising contracts, property inspections and disclosures, issues regarding titles and ownership, and closing procedures. While retaining a real estate lawyer is not required by New Jersey to close on a property, it is highly recommended to ease the process.
Have questions about real estate law? Contact Maggs McDermott & DiCicco today to schedule an evaluation.
Types of Real Estate Lawyers
Real estate law encompasses various areas. Some real estate attorneys practice in the residential, commercial, industrial, or landlord-tenant, while others specialize in environmental law and construction law. Generally speaking, commercial real estate lawyers specialize in commercial properties, and residential real estate lawyers specialize in residential properties. At Maggs McDermott & DiCicco, we believe that our attorneys should possess broad experience to better serve our clients’ diverse needs. As a result, our attorneys have a wide breadth of knowledge in both commercial and residential real estate law.
The Benefits of Using a Real Estate Lawyer
Once you have decided to sell or purchase a piece of property, contacting the right real estate attorney is one of the most important decisions you can make. Having a real estate attorney on your side during this decision-making process lends many advantages to you, including the following:
- Risk Reduction: Hiring a real estate attorney reduces your risk of untoward surprises down the road such as undisclosed liens, judgements, tax burdens or environmental issues on a piece of property.
- Easier Negotiation Process: Real estate lawyers are well-versed in the art of negotiation, which can frequently become emotional due to the significant financial investment. Contacting a real estate attorney to work on your behalf throughout negotiations ensures that you have someone in your corner to get you the best possible resolution.
- Assistance in Resolving Complex Issues: Some real estate dealings go smoothly, many do not. In cases involving complex issues such as partnerships, mergers, the environment, or buying or selling a property in probate, obstacles may occur. Complicated situations like these require the professional skills of a real estate lawyer for the best outcome.
- Knowledge of How to Navigate Business Property Concerns: When purchasing a business or commercial property, there is the opportunity for different obstacles to arise. Common issues that arise that necessitate the involvement of a real estate lawyer may include leaseholds, company possession, tenant claims, environmental, zoning or permitted use regulations.
- Cost-Effective Method of Purchasing a Home: Purchasing a piece of real estate is often the largest purchase one will make in their lifetime. Do not try to cut corners on such an important transaction by trying to do it on your own. Hiring a real estate attorney may save you money in the long run and will certainly give you piece of mind during the process.
- Comprehensive Title Services: Title companies typically perform a title search and provide the result. But if a lien or another encumbrance is uncovered, they do not help the client resolve the issue. A real estate lawyer will work to resolve the issue or come to a satisfactory agreement between the parties.
- Overall Reduction of Stress: Overall, hiring a real estate firm to help purchase or sell your property can lead to a reduction in stress. Knowing that you have someone on your side guiding you and handling any issues that arise, eases the mind during what can be a stressful period.
If you are interested in easing the process of your next real estate transaction, contact Maggs McDermott & DiCicco for a case evaluation today.
Why Choose Us?
The oft-quoted statement that the purchase of real estate is the most significant business transaction in many of our lives is the guiding principle of the real estate practice team at Maggs McDermott & DiCicco. We have an experienced real estate team to guide you through the process as soon as a contract is presented. That same team is there for you whenever you need them throughout the transaction. Your team will have a “hands-on” approach from contract to closing. We do all of this for a reasonable and competitive fee.
Contact Maggs McDermott & DiCicco
Maggs McDermott & DiCicco handles all aspects of real estate law, including commercial and residential purchases and sales, land use, landlord/tenant matters, and litigation that touches on any of these aspects. Our unwavering commitment to you is our responsiveness and the successful conclusion of your real estate matter. Contact Maggs McDermott & DiCicco today to schedule your case evaluation!